Highlights on the events calendar in Merano/Meran include the Music Weeks, the Garden Nights at Trauttmansdorff Castle, the WineFestival and AsfaltArt, as well as music (from regional to international), vivid street art as well as wine and food from all over South Tyrol. The annual Christmas markets charm each visitor, with plenty more to discover all year round: for example the historic arcades tempt strolling shoppers with their fashion retailers, delicatessens and bookshops. All this is offered by the spa town on the Passer.
Good reasons for a holiday in Merano and environs
- a popular spa resort since the 19th century
- promenades, palms, aloe vera and magnificent flowers everywhere – truly a green city
- splendidly elegant buildings to see and visit
- a Mediterranean oasis surrounded by high mountains
- cultural sites and history